Student Post- Steps to Learning A New Piece
Hi My name is Aiden and these are the steps that I go through to learn a song.
- Look at the first note and where it is on the piano and loot to see if you have the right fingering.
- Put the metronome at a slow speed
- Practice hands separately
- Do the parts that you are having the most trouble with 3 times in a row with no mistakes
- Practice the spot that you need help on until you get it.
- Practice transitions
- One you get the whole song add dynamics
- Speed up the metronome
- Make sure you can place the piece at speed
- After, memorize the song
Hope these steps helped.