7 practice habits that make for easier practice sessions
Follow these steps to help making practice easier!
- remember to practice the day of your lesson after your lesson - review what you learned in your lesson!
- Practice the same time every day - right after school is a good time for lots of students.
- Leave your music on the piano and open - if you put it away the chances of forgetting to practice are pretty good.
- On weekends or holidays practice first thing in the morning so you don’t have to fit it in when all the fun’s happening.
- If you can’t practice because it’s hard to find time do something on the piano for 5 minutes- make up something fun to do!
- Remember to use some of your practice to experiment with music - make up something just for you!
- Listen to music - especially when you can’t do your practice. Keeping your brain thinking about music can help you when you go back to practice.