Practice Tips from Our Students
Another instalment of Practicing Advice from our Student Body!
- Go SLOWLY!
- Keep trying, you'll get it!
- Play it for someone else. It makes you play better.
- Write it down. Everything. Miss Emily asks for metronome numbers EVERY class.
- Make your dynamics really BIG and really small. Then play it "normal"
- Have someone record you. Then you can listen to where you need to make things better.
- Sometimes it helps to do it with your right hand and then with your left hand and then with them together.
- Start with scales. They are fun!
- Don't forget your theory!